Pictured above is the book that served as our subject matter. The God Questions by Hal Seed and Dan Grider is a great read. Shakespeare who coined the phrase “brevity is the sole of wit” could have easily been describing this work. The book is divided into 40, short, daily readings that address the six most common spiritual questions that nearly all people wrestle with at one time or another. Topics such as “How do I know God is real?”, “Is the Bible really the word of God, or just an ancient book?” and “Is there really only one way to heaven?” are covered thoroughly but succinctly. Since this is an English book by American authors I’d wager that this book would be easily accessible to those in the US that are curious about its contents. I highly recommend a perusal.
Furthermore, through our time studying Spanish at the university, we have become friends with another missionary family serving in Mexico City with Latin American Missions. Carl, (the husband) has been attending classes with Amy and I since May of this year. A few weeks ago Amy and I met with Carl to discuss the possibility of starting a “God Questions” group on campus prior to our morning classes. Please pray for this venture as we use this week to gauge interest from other students and with God’s leading, initiate such a discussion in the coming weeks.

Greetings, Wilson family!!! Hola! Looks like a great study, and I'm interested in the book now for sure. Glad you guys have made the connection with the other family, and we'll be praying for good fruit to come from it. Sure do miss you guys! It's jacotes season here in the U.S. so everyone is flocking to the local Super Wal-Marts to buy them up. Holly Springs is currently out of them though for some reason. Hey, did you hear we have a Chick-fil-a now?
ReplyDelete