Sunday, May 10, 2009

Los Tres Banditos

No, in spite of the recent woes of both the US and Mexican economies we haven’t resorted to questionable tactics in order to maintain our budget. Upon arriving at church this morning Amy, Caleb and I were each handed a mask and instructed that by order of the mayor, these were required of everyone who wanted to attend worship this week. Evidently, the fear that fell upon Mexico City in the wake of the recent flu outbreak still maintains a stronghold on the local government. Nevertheless, we were more than happy to comply. Since we arrived in country just before the influenza, this was the first week that attending church was possible. It was great to be able to worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ with hundreds of others! (The previous weeks’ services in our apartment weren’t bad but it’s nice to have more than a three member congregation. Plus Caleb kept taking the good seat beside the pretty brown-haired girl.)

3 comments:

  1. Does the word, bandito, ring a bell? I think the one in the middle is worth watching! I know how he tries to get away with things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are not stuck in your apartment. Cool mask. I think you guys could start a fashion trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too? I thought it was just Colonial this past week. Those masks do get a little uncomfortable by the time the sermon rolls around...

    Liked hearing about your apartment services, too...you have a fun sense of humor, Ed!

    Love and miss you guys!
    D, N, J, E

    ReplyDelete